I've compiled a partial list of new, noteworthy (fiction) bestsellers which the Taos Public Library has added in the New Year.
- Booker Prize winner for 2013: The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton.
- Pulitzer Prize for fiction: The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson.
- Fiction finalist for the National Book Critics Circle award: The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt, Ruth Ozeki's "A Tale for the Time Being, and Alice McDermott's Someone, (winners of the critics prize announced in March)
- Harvest by Jim Crace.
- Sycamore Row by John Grisham.
- The first phone call from heaven by Mitch Albom.
- The gods of guilt : a novel by Michael Connelly.
- Cross my heart by James Patterson.
- Nostalgia by Jonathan Buckley
- The invention of wings by Sue Monk Kidd.
- The signature of all things by Elizabeth Gilbert.
Plus Mary Oliver's latest, Dog Songs.
Did you know that you can put any of these books on hold from the comfort of your home (with wireless), from your account, found on our website- www.taoslibrary.org
If you have any questions on how to access your account online, please ask for assistance at the reference desk or give us a call.