Saturday, January 24, 2015

Best Books of 2014




With the new year comes compilation lists of the best books from the previous year. I'm always curious as to who has put the list together, and what criteria they use. Longest running on the New York Times bestseller list, or personal opinion?

I also like to see if I've read any of them and have seen them repeated on other lists.
In this list, I've only included fiction, and whether it's in the Taos Public Library's collection.

 Wall Street Journal:
Those who leave and those who stay
Lila
The betrayers

NPR's Picks:

The bone clocks
The paying guests
Being mortal
Station eleven
Redeployment
All the light we cannot see

From the New Yorker:

The zone of interest
My struggle

New York Times:

All the light we cannot see


My own top picks of 2014:

Goldfinch
My struggle
We are all completely beside ourselves
Skylight
Enon
Us

Why not share your favs of 2014 by leaving a comment below.






No comments:

Post a Comment